Monday, March 16, 2009

Munchie Monday - "B" is for Banana Bread

Whew! I cannot believe a whole week has slide by!
All my grandiose ideas of making daily entries is mere dust in the wind for last week, but what a week!
I had a fantastic time having my grandson overnight and for a full day. Talk about a go getter. I was trying to pack and get things ready for my trip to Reno. (This Sat. another grandson was participating in his annual piano recital) I would check on Owen, who was having a blast, and he was always busy with something.
One of the times I went to check up on him I found he had drug "his" ladder, a very small two step ladder, over to the baby chick pen and somehow he had gotten one of the chicks out and was sitting quietly on the ladder. He saw me and said, " I'ma just holding him for a minute gram mama.
Then later I found him in the larger pen, which requires his sliding a bolt lock that is located about five feet high, (he is only four). He was holding another baby chick, saw me and said, " I'ma just a holding him for minute gram mama.
Later still, I found him in a large shallow mud puddle,(remnants of our last rain fall) playing with the goose.
He was trying to get Jay-Jay to chase him. Jay-Jay was ignoring him for the most part, but Owen was loving it all the same.
Before his mother came to get him though, I brought him upstairs and turned the shower on him.
She actually took it well and was happy he had such a good time.
Well, it is another Red Day full of enthusiasm and energy!!
Here is our Monday Munchie Recipe:

B is for Banana Bread

Ingredients:
3 Ripe Bananas
2c. flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
½ c wheat germ
½ c butter
2 eggs
1 c apple juice concentrate

Preparation:
1. Mash: 3 bananas, set aside and save

2. Mix: 2c. flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
½ c wheat germ

3. Melt: ½ c butter in a big pan

4. Add: 2 eggs
1 c apple juice concentrate

5. Fold in: flour mixture and bananas
Bake in greased pan at 350˚

What do you think?
1. Why do we use ripe bananas?
2. How do bananas grow?
3. What does soda do?
4. Why do we “fold in” the last ingredients?

Try this!
1. Put some baking soda in vinegar.
Describe what happens.
2. Have toasted Banana Bread, milk, and fruit for Breakfast

Tomorrow is an Orange Day, Daring Tues!
Till then, Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment