Tuesday, September 15, 2009

9.10.09 Gases, Solids and Liquids - NOEO Chemistry II

Well, They say you are never too old to learn. In my case that is an understatement. I learn new things every day, but this week I relearned something.
I knew there was a chemical reaction between vinegar and baking soda, (remember the days of your youth when you made erupting volcanoes?)
Well, our experiment with this weeks lesson was something similar. We were going to blow up a balloon instead of a volcano though.
Here we are ready to begin the experiment.
I even did a dry run myself, what I forgot was to factor in BJ's youth ad inexperience, as evidenced in the following video.
It did make a dramatic impression though.
I am sure he will remember it for quite a while and that is what these lessons are supposed to do.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment